Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 virus the tourism industry has come to a standstill. Right now, we all have to follow certain precautions to protect us against this deadly virus and stay safe. Currently, it is better to stay at home and wait for the time when we all can step out of our houses without any fear. But then also we have to take certain precautions and follow the basic safety guidelines. And we know that this time is not far away when we can enjoy our next tour.
Here is a list of beautiful yet safe locations in India where you can visit after lockdown.
Refer this tour guide with a budget for all these places and most importantly, here I will tell you why you should consider the places as your next vacation destination.
The first suggestion is a pristine hill station from Karnataka that is Coorg.
1. Coorg, Karnataka
With its scenic landscapes, rolling waterfalls, spice and coffee plantation, the place is like a heaven on earth and is slowly gaining popularity among the tourists. Why Choose Coorg Unlike other popular hill stations in India, the place is relatively less crowded, so there is very little chance of virus infection.
Like other south Indian locations, this place is also very clean and well-maintained. So, you need not be worried about hygiene. The place also has some good hotels and resorts that offer comfortable stay and good food. Moreover, you can visit some of the picturesque natural places around Coorg. Places to Visit near Coorg Abbey Falls – the prime tourist location of the region. Madikeri fort – a 17th-century fort which was later reconstructed by Tipu Sultan. Omkareshwar Temple – a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Raja Seat Park – a beautiful garden. From the top viewpoint, you can get a clear view of the whole valley below. Raja’s Tomb, Dubare elephant camp, Nisargadhama Forest Park, Namdroling Monastery, Talacauvery, Bhagamandala Temple, Brahmagiri Wildlife sanctuary and Iruppu Falls.
How to reach the Coorg:
It can be reached by road from Bengaluru. The trip is of 7-8 hours approximately. Budget From Bengaluru Satellite Bus station to Coorg KSRTC operated bus fare is around Rs 550 per person. The local auto-rickshaw charge for sightseeing around Coorg is around Rs 600 Car fare for Dubare elephant camp, Nisargadhama Forest Park, Namdroling Monastery is around Rs 2500. Car fare to Talacauvery is around Rs 3000. Hotel and food will cost around Rs 1600 per person per day approximately. Total Package Cost is around Rs15000 per head for two people. Overall a nice 3Nights tour package.
The Second suggestion is a beautiful yet scenic place from Northeast India that is Cherrapunji or Sohra.
This is a beautiful hilly village located in the North-East Indian state Meghalaya. The place is well-known for receiving the highest amount of rainfall in the world and because of this reason you can see some of the spectacular waterfalls of the country here. The reason behind choosing this place as your coming up vacation destination is as follows:
2. Cherrapunji or Sohra
- Firstly, the place is less crowded than the nearby Shillong city which is the capital of Meghalaya. So, you can easily maintain social distancing over here.
- Second, the state Meghalaya is well known for its cleanliness. The cleanest village of Asia Mawlynglong is located here at a little distance away from Sohra. So, you can be absolutely tension free about the hygiene system. And we all know that maintaining proper hygiene is a must to defend the deadly coronavirus. It is also well-known that Meghalaya has remarkably less Covid-19 positive cases.
- Third, though the place is a bit remote, still you can find comfortable accommodation and delicious food here within a small budget.
- Finally, there are lots and lots of places to visit with abundant natural beauty. To name a few are world-famous seven sister waterfalls, Wakaba falls, Nohkalikai falls, Mawkdok Dympep valley viewpoint– from this place you can witness the lush green hills surrounding the valley, and Mawsmai cave where you can see some beautiful natural limestone structures. If you wish you can avail a day tour to Asia’s cleanest village Mawlynglong and the beautiful Dawki River from here.
How to reach Sohra:
Doesn’t have its own airport or railway station. The nearest international airport and railway station of Cherrapunji are Guwahati. From there you have to reach Cherrapunji by road. Time taken will be around 4 and a half hours. The taxi fare for this trip is around Rs 3500. The train fare up to Guwahati is around Rs1500 to 2500 for 3tire AC coach. The fare varies depending upon the distance from your town. The flight fare will be around Rs3000 to 4500 one way.
The accommodation and food will cost around Rs1600 per person per day. Sightseeing cost will be around Rs2000 to 3000. So, overall it is a nice location to visit for a 3 nights 4 days tour within a short budget after this lockdown.
2. North Sikkim
The state Sikkim is a renowned tourist location mostly known for ample natural beauty. This is the place where you can mostly enjoy the beauty of the Himalayan mountain range. North Sikkim is one of the uninhabited places of the country due to its harsh weather condition. At the same time, it is also a place where natural beauty knows no bound. It is the place where you can see snow-clad mountains all around you, gushing waterfalls at the corner of the main road, opulent green forests all over. As you climb higher you will notice that the beauty of the surrounding is changing rapidly to desert scrub near northern tundra.
Now, comes why you pick the place as your coming up travel destination.
- Firstly, as I mentioned earlier, it is mostly deserted due to extreme climate condition and hence the chances of virus infection are nominal here. The state Sikkim also has only a few Corona positive cases.
- Next comes, the accommodation and food. Though much less in number but still you can get comfortable homestays in all the places here with good home-cooked food. In terms of cleanliness, the place is mostly clean due to the lack of human interference.
- Finally, you can visit some of the top most beautiful places in the country like Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang Valley and Gurudongmar Lake here. Moreover, if you are a trekking lover then this place has lots for you. Many beautiful trekking routes start from the district headquarter of North Sikkim Mangan.
How to Reach North Sikkim:
It can be reached by road from New Jalpaiguri railway station or Pakyong airport. Reserved Car fare from NJP or Bagdogra is around Rs 4000 which can vary due to season or road condition. Shared cab will charge around Rs 600 per person. Time taken will be around 6-7 hours depending upon road condition and traffic. From Pakyong the time taken will be around 5 hours via Gangtok.
The accommodation and food will cost around Rs 1600 per person per day. Sightseeing cost will be around Rs 4000 per day with reserved cab. Shared cab will charge around Rs1200 per person per day. Charges may vary depending upon season and road condition. So, it can be a great location to visit for a 4nights 5 days tour after this lockdown.
3. Sarahan and Sangla Valley of Kinnaur
The beautiful Sarahan and Sangla valley of Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. Unlike the overcrowded Shimla and Manali, these two places are much less crowded and have no less natural beauty than Shimla and Manali. So, you can safely enjoy the beauty of Himalayan Mountains here. Surrounded by snow-covered mountains, evergreen forests, apples, and cherry orchards these places are like heaven on earth.
You can visit Sun temple at Nirath- the only Sun temple of North India, Bhimkali Temple- one of the 51 Shakti peethas of Devi Shakti, Shrikhand Peak at Sarahan and beautiful Baspa River at Sangla valley.
Like the other two places, you can visit the places safely as these are relatively less crowded and hygienic due to lack of human intervene.
How to Reach Sarhan or Sangla Valley:
It can be reached from Shimla or Chandigarh. Bus services are available from both these places to Sarahan. Time taken to reach Sarahan from Chandigarh is around 8 hours and from Shimla, it is nearly 4 and a half hours. Bus fare is within Rs 1500. Reserved cab will cost around Rs 5000. The sightseeing cost will be around Rs 2000 per day.
The food and accommodation cost will be around Rs 1800 per person per day. Overall, great places to visit in a 4-5 days tour.
4. Varkala, Kerala
Unlike the overcrowded Kovalam, Munnar, Thekkady or Alleppey, this Arabian Seaside town of the state is one of most beautiful locations here, so you can visit the place without any fear of the viral infection.
At this place, you can enjoy nature, serenity, closeness to the sea and at the time you may enjoy some adventurous water sports activities if you are an adventure sports lover.
Some of the prime locations to visit here are Varkala beach and Cliff, Sri Janardhanaswamy Temple, Thiruvambadi beach.
How to Reach Varkala:
Varkala town is well connected by road or train. The city has its own railway station and the nearest international airport is Trivandrum International Airport, which is approximately 40 km away from the town. Cab fare from Trivandrum International Airport to Varkala is around Rs2000. Sightseeing cost will be around Rs 1000 per day here.
The food and accommodation cost will be around Rs 1800 per person per day. In a nutshell, it is a safe and scenic place to enjoy for your short vacation.
The charges we mention may vary depending upon season time and other unavoidable circumstances.